Recou Estate is located in the embrace of Brkini Hills in a small village of Zajelšje. Away from everyday hustle and bustle, they offer a unique environment where the body and mind can relax and reenergize. The village is about 8 kilometres away from the train station in Ilirska Bistrica. Train passengers are offered free transport from the train station to the Recou Estate (groups up to 7 persons). All additional services should be booked in advance or in agreement with the Recou Estate.
Upon presentation of a valid train ticket, you may obtain a 15% discount on accommodation and DE-STRESS-ING package. This means you can stay at the Recou Estate for as little as €16.50.
Weekend package of de-stress-ing
At the Recou Estate, they are proud to have more than 30 years of experience in consulting and lecturing. Their special offer is a weekend package of DE-STRESS-ING. In the context of the package, guests are presented with tips on how to cope with stress, how to protect themselves from stress and how to maintain strength for everyday activities.
The offer at the Recou Estate also includes divine treatments with real stones from the estate. Several other activities are on offer such as special weekends of yoga, capoeira events and photo workshops.
Recou Estate offers shared accommodation in a special barn or hey room with 10 available beds and additional space for extra beds. All visitors searching for adventure and genuine contact with nature have camping facilities available at a large clearing close to the estate.
Their programmes also include bike rental, traditional tournaments in table tennis and table football as well as various crafts. They also offer hiking tours, organized mountain biking adventures at the surrounding hills and night walks with torches.
Guests can rent rooms for various events such as dance performances, organized exercise, team buildings, conferences, birthday parties and picnics.
In a radius of 30 kilometres, you can make visits to nearby tourist places such as Lipica, Snežnik, Slavnik, Trst, Črni kal climbing area, Opatija, Škocjan Caves and numerous other spots that will put a smile on your face.
You can find information on train timetables and fares in the timetable finder.
- The IZLETka flat-rate ticket: €15.00 for five days of unlimited travel on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays;
- Tourist Weekend offer: 30% off fares for return journeys on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays;
- Holders of the Family Railcard: 40% discount for persons above 12 years of age; free travel for children under 12 inclusive;
- Children aged 6 to 12: 50% discount;
- Persons aged 12 to 26 who are holders of the Youth Railcard: 30% discount;
- Groups of 6 or more people: 30% discount;
- Pensioners and persons above 60 years of age who are holders of the Seniors Railcard: 30% discount on train travel from Monday to Friday, and 50% on Saturdays, Sundays, and public holidays.
For more information on train times, fares and other offers of Slovenske železnice:
- Visit one of our InfoCentres at the train stations in Koper, Ljubljana, Celje, and Maribor;
- Visit a station ticket office;
- Call our toll-free number 080 81 11 (for calls made from Slovenia), or dial +386 1 29 13 331 (for calls made from abroad);
- Send an e-mail with your question to [email protected].