Two types of IJPP (integrated public passenger transport) weekend tickets are available, offering additional benefits when travelling by interurban public passenger bus and domestic rail transport:
1. IJPP Family Ticket
The ticket enables families and groups of up to 5 or 10 passengers, including at least one child aged 14 or under, to make unlimited journeys by interurban bus or train on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays over a period of four consecutive days. The fare is EUR 15 for groups of up to five people and EUR 30 for groups of up to 10 people.
The “IJPP Family Ticket” is valid for all Slovenian Railways lines, for travel in 2nd class coaches of a local passenger train.
The offer allows the issue of a “Family ticket for up to 5 persons (Family 5)” and a “Family ticket for up to 10 persons (Family 10)”, provided that at least one person is over 14 years of age and one child under 14 years of age to benefit from the offer.
The ticket for up to 5 persons is valid for a maximum of 5 persons, while the ticket for 6 to 10 persons is valid for a maximum of 10 persons. For both types of family tickets, the condition that at least one person over the age of 14 and one child under the age of 14 travel together must be met.
IJPP Family Tickets can only be purchased at ticket sales outlets at railway stations, and only with a non-personal IJPP chip card. To find out at which railway stations you can buy IJPP tickets, please visit the Ticket sales outlets link.
2. IJPP Weekend Ticket – 75%
Passengers will be able to travel on all Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays from 1 July 2021 to 30 June 2023 with a 75% discount on all single tickets in interurban bus and domestic rail transport.
The offer allows the issue of a non-personal weekend ticket for up to 10 persons, valid for one day, for travel on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays, as follows:
– Single IJPP weekend tickets, which allow a single journey on the selected route;
– IJPP weekend day tickets, which allow an unlimited number of journeys on the selected route on the same day.
Children under 6 years of age travelling with an adult can travel free of charge, provided that no special seat is required. Children under 6 years of age who require a special seat are charged the same fare as persons over 6 years of age.
IJPP Weekend Tickets – 75% can be purchased:
- At our station ticket sales outlets. The ticket is issued on a non-personal IJPP chip card. Please check the IJPP ticket outlets at the Ticket sales outlets link.
- On board a train, if you board at a station where the ticket office is closed or not available. The ticket is issued on a non-personal IJPP chip card or route-specific season ticket. If the ticket is purchased on board a train where the ticket office is open at the time of boarding, a supplement of EUR 5.00 must be paid. On board the train, the ticket can only be purchased in cash.
- Online. Purchases can only be made with a non-personal IJPP chip card. When the ticket is purchased, it is loaded onto the card.
The IJPP chip card is issued at ticket sales outlets at railway stations. The card is valid for multiple purchases. Therefore, it is recommended to save it carefully and use it for future IJPP ticket purchases.