Slovenian Railways train tickets for travel throughout Slovenia can also be purchased at self-service ticket machines.
Passengers are recommended to check the current timetable as well as delays and rail replacement bus services before purchasing your ticket.
Ticket machines enable you to:
- Purchase of SŽ single tickets for:
- children up to 6,
- children aged 6 to 12,
- young people,
- Purchase of SŽ single tickets on a chip card for:
- children aged 6 to 12,
- Purchase of SŽ season tickets:
- non-transferable (weekly, monthly, semi-annual, annual, monthly one-way),
- flat-rate (non-transferable, transferable),
- student (monthly, semi-annual, annual);
- Purchase of IJPP tickets on an IJPP chip card:
- Purchase of IJPP weekend tickets with up to 75% discount on an IJPP chip card:
- One-off weekends,
- Daily Weekend,
- Family 5,
- Family 10;
- Purchase of IJPP subsidised tickets for students and registered athletes – on a IJPP chip card:
- Monthly M10 (extra charge for urban public transport),
- Monthly SLO (option for extra charge for urban public transport),
- Annual M10 (option for extra charge for urban public transport),
- Annual SLO (option for extra charge for urban public transport),
- City pass – monthly,
- City pass – annual.
The purchase and extension of tickets using a SŽ or IJPP chip card is only possible by using a chip card that the user already has or has previously obtained at SŽ-PP and/or IJPP sales outlets.
Subsidised IJPP tickets can only be purchased if the user has previously presented the relevant proof and ID at one of SŽ ticket offices.
Short instructions on how to purchase a ticket at a ticket machine:
- Press the “Buy ticket” button (on the home screen);
- Select your travel route;
- Press the green “Select Station” button to select the departure station, which can be selected by clicking on one of the pre-provided stations or by entering letters using the on-screen keyboard;
- Check the date and, if necessary, correct it using the calendar that opens when you click on the date field (if you are not travelling on the day you buy the ticket, as the date is pre-set to the day you use the ticket machine);
- Select the type and number of tickets by pressing the “Tickets” button;
- After pressing the green “Next step” button, you will see several different connections for the selected route;
- Select the train type and class;
- If you wish, you can press the “No transfers” button to select only those connections that do not include transfers;
- After pressing the “Next step”, a summary of the selected purchase will appear in a new window, where you can check the details of your selection and the final price of your purchase; if you wish, you can return to the previous steps and start the ticket selection again by pressing “Back”;
- Once confirmed, you will be able to press the “Buy for (price) EUR” button on the screen;
- After pressing the “Buy for ‘price’ EUR”, the application will redirect you to the payment method selection, where you will be shown the available payment methods;
- After successful payment, a new window will display “Purchase successful” and a slot door will open below the screen for you to collect your ticket.
Means of payment
Tickets purchased at a ticket machine can be paid in cash, by credit cards or by VALU.
Ticket machine locations
We plan to install 156 self-service ticket machines at 142 locations. The table below shows, in alphabetical order, the railway stations where ticket purchase via a ticket machine is already possible. The list is updated regularly.
Lesce – Bled
Ljubljana Dolgi Most
Novo mesto Center
Novo mesto Kandija
Ponikve na Dolenjskem
Šempeter v Savinjski dolini
Šmarje pri Jelšah
Šmartno ob Paki
For more information on train times, fares and other offers of Slovenske železnice:
- Visit one of our InfoCentres at the train stations in Koper, Ljubljana, Celje, and Maribor;
- Visit a station ticket office;
- Call our toll-free number 080 81 11 (for calls made from Slovenia), or dial +386 1 29 13 331 (for calls made from abroad);
- Send an e-mail with your question to [email protected].