Persons over 65 years of age who are EU citizens are eligible for the Seniors Railcard.
- 30% off train fares for journeys from Monday to Friday;
- 50% off train fares for journeys on Saturdays, Sundays, and public holidays (domestic services only);
- 50% off train fares for single or return journeys to Croatia;
- 15% off train fares for international journeys.
The discounts apply to domestic services, cross-border services between Slovenia and Croatia (including Croatian rail lines), and to international services in First or Standard Class accommodation.
The discounts on your ticket are available only in conjunction with the Seniors Railcard. Discounted tickets can be purchased at a station ticket office or on-train, but only when there was no way to buy at the station before boarding.
How to buy
You can purchase the Seniors Railcard at any station ticket office. When purchasing, you will need to submit a personal document.
Validity period: One year
For more information:
- Visit one of our InfoCentres at the train stations in Koper, Ljubljana, Celje, and Maribor;
- Visit a station ticket office;
- Call our toll-free number 080 81 11 (for calls made from Slovenia), or dial +386 1 29 13 391 (for calls made from abroad);
- Send an e-mail with your question to [email protected].