You can choose between single, return, and season tickets for any train and any day of the week. Tickets can be purchased up to two months before your journey.
Tickets by area of validity
- Route-specific tickets (travel on a specific route);
- Flat-rate season tickets (travel on the entire SŽ network);
- Ljubljana City Pass (travel on rail network within the urban area of Ljubljana).
A single ticket will let you travel in one direction from the selected place of departure to your destination. You will need to purchase a new ticket to travel back to the station at which your journey started.
Validity period and use
Validity period of single and return tickets is one day.
Ticket fares by route and train can be found in the route-based timetable finder on SŽ homepage.
Tickets for travel on IC, ICS, MV, EC, or EN trains include a mandatory supplement.
For more information:
- Visit one of our InfoCentres at the train stations in Koper, Ljubljana, Celje, and Maribor;
- Visit a station ticket office;
- Call our toll-free number 080 81 11 (for calls made from Slovenia), or dial +386 1 29 13 391 (for calls made from abroad);
- Send an e-mail with your question to [email protected].