The Škocjan Caves invite you to experience the beautiful underground of the Karst region.
Slovenian Railways offer a bus ride from the train station in Divača to the Škocjan Caves. The bus ride to the caves is free of charge for passengers who have a valid train ticket for travel to Divača.
To make your trip as pleasant and convenient as possible, we recommend travelling to Divača by trains that are timetable coordinated with buses running to the Škocjan Caves.
Bus timetable (pdf)
You can find information on train timetables and fares in the timetable finder.
- The IZLETka flat-rate ticket: €15.00 for five days of unlimited travel on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays;
- Holders of the Family Railcard: 40% discount for persons above 12 years of age; free travel for children under 12 inclusive;
- Children aged 6 to 12: 50% discount;
- Persons aged 12 to 26 who are holders of the Youth Railcard: 30% discount;
- Groups of 6 or more people: 30% discount;
- Pensioners and persons above 60 years of age who are holders of the Seniors Railcard: 30% discount on train travel from Monday to Friday, and 50% on Saturdays, Sundays, and public holidays.
For more information on train times, fares and other offers of Slovenske železnice:
- Visit one of our InfoCentres at the train stations in Koper, Ljubljana, Celje, and Maribor;
- Visit a station ticket office;
- Call our toll-free number 080 81 11 (for calls made from Slovenia), or dial +386 1 29 13 391 (for calls made from abroad);
- Send an e-mail with your question to firstname.lastname@example.org.