Terme Ptuj thermal spa has a lot to offer. A large water park involves many water attractions providing a wealth of fun and adrenaline. Outside and inside pools, large and exciting water slides, lazy river and wave pool are the reason enough to drive to Terme Ptuj.
Enjoy the thermal baths as the ancient Romans did
Terme Ptuj is the right place for all seeking to recover or maintain their health as Ptuj’s thermal springs help relieve rheumatism, treat bone and cartilage diseases, and also have beneficial effects in neurological disorders. The positive effects of Terme Ptuj’s thermal water were already known by the Romans who founded Petovia or today’s Ptuj – the oldest town in Slovenia.
In close proximity to the Terme Ptuj thermal spa, there is Ptuj Golf Course with 18 holes which covers over 50 hectares and is special due to its dynamic terrain and many water obstacles created by the Studenčnica stream and two lakes.
The surrounding area offers numerous opportunities for an active vacation: cycling tours, tennis, water skiing at Lake Ptuj, windsurfing, sailing, kite surfing, canoeing and much more.
Discounts for train passengers
All visitors arriving by train may obtain a 50% discount on all-day tickets for the thermal park and a 20% discount on spa treatments at the luxurious wellness centre Valens Augusta at Grand Hotel Primus. Present a valid daily train ticket upon payment of an entrance fee.
You can find information on train timetables and fares in the timetablefinder
- The IZLETka flat-rate ticket: €15.00 for five days of unlimited travel on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays;
- Holders of the Family Railcard: 40% discount for persons above 12 years of age; free travel for children under 12 inclusive;
- Children aged 6 to 12: 50% discount;
- Persons aged 12 to 26 who are holders of the Youth Railcard: 30% discount;
- Groups of 6 or more people: 30% discount;
- Pensioners and persons above 60 years of age who are holders of the Seniors Railcard: 30% discount on train travel from Monday to Friday, and 50% on Saturdays, Sundays, and public holidays.
For more information on train times, fares and other offers of Slovenske železnice:
- Visit one of our InfoCentres at the train stations in Koper, Ljubljana, Celje, and Maribor;
- Visit a station ticket office;
- Call our toll-free number 080 81 11 (for calls made from Slovenia), or dial +386 1 29 13 391 (for calls made from abroad);
- Send an e-mail with your question to [email protected].