The Karst area in western Slovenia is world-famous. Thanks to its famous caves, intermittent lakes, sinking rivers and river sources, rocky surface and sinkholes, it has always aroused interest among both locals and travellers.
The exhibition takes you from the formation of the karst landscape to modern life in the Karst region, with clear explanations of each stage of the process, and is at the same time a place where you can touch stalagmites and stalactites, study examples of cave fauna through microscopes, and see analogue and interactive displays of 11,693 caves located around Slovenia.
The exhibition is suitable for young and old alike, for groups and individual visitors.
Travel to Postojna by train. The Karst Museum is located 300m from the Postojna train station. Upon presentation of a valid train ticket, you may obtain 20% discount on your entrance fee.
You can find information on train timetables and fares in the timetable finder.
- The IZLETka flat-rate ticket: €15.00 for five days of unlimited travel on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays;
- Holders of the Family Railcard: 40% discount for persons above 12 years of age; free travel for children under 12 inclusive;
- Children aged 6 to 12: 50% discount;
- Persons aged 12 to 26 who are holders of the Youth Railcard: 30% discount;
- Groups of 6 or more people: 30% discount;
- Pensioners and persons above 60 years of age who are holders of the Seniors Railcard: 30% discount on train travel from Monday to Friday, and 50% on Saturdays, Sundays, and public holidays.
For more information on train times, fares and other offers of Slovenske železnice:
- Visit one of our InfoCentres at the train stations in Koper, Ljubljana, Celje, and Maribor;
- Visit a station ticket office;
- Call our toll-free number 080 81 11 (for calls made from Slovenia), or dial +386 1 29 13 391 (for calls made from abroad);
- Send an e-mail with your question to email@example.com.