Whether a fan of rail modelling or just curious to see how the rail transport system works, visiting the permanent model railway display at the Sevnica train station should definitely be on your to-do list.
Set in a beautiful scenery, this picturesque mini railway is sure to delight children and adults alike.
The model railway is displayed in the H0 system (1:87 scale) with realistic replicas of various locomotives and freight wagons typically operating on Slovenian rail network.
Stretching over an area of 20m², the diorama comprises 50m of track linking four train stations and a stop, and displays over 40 different train sets and locomotives hauling more than 150 coaches and freight wagons in total. To give a genuine sense of a “living railway world”, the model is equipped with a miniature signaling system and various buildings, vehicles and flashing lights.
A visit to the model railway needs to booked in advance by calling +386 41 841 382 (Mr Ivan Puc).
And don’t forget – travelling by train is not only carefree, but also pays off!
You can find information on train timetables and fares in the timetable finder.
- The IZLETka flat-rate ticket: €15.00 for five days of unlimited travel on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays;
- Tourist Weekend offer: 30% off fares for return journeys on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays;
- Holders of the Family Railcard: 40% discount for persons above 12 years of age; free travel for children under 12 inclusive;
- Children aged 6 to 12: 50% discount;
- Persons aged 12 to 26 who are holders of the Youth Railcard: 30% discount;
- Groups of 6 or more people: 30% discount;
- Pensioners and persons above 60 years of age who are holders of the Seniors Railcard: 30% discount on train travel from Monday to Friday, and 50% on Saturdays, Sundays, and public holidays.
For more information on train times, fares and other offers of Slovenske železnice:
- Visit one of our InfoCentres at the train stations in Koper, Ljubljana, Celje, and Maribor;
- Visit a station ticket office;
- Call our toll-free number 080 81 11 (for calls made from Slovenia), or dial +386 1 29 13 331 (for calls made from abroad);
- Send an e-mail with your question to [email protected].