Simple, contactless, fast and no queuing at ticket offices – these are the benefits of an e-ticket. Before making any online or mobile ticket purchases, please check the timetable as well as possible service disruptions and rail replacement bus services.
Tickets that can be purchased online or via the SŽ mobile app:
- Single/return tickets – at the regular fare
- Single/return tickets for children aged 6 to 15 – at a 50% discount
- Single/return tickets for children under 6 – free of charge
- Season tickets: weekly, monthly, annual and semi-annual, issued on an existing SŽ chip card (renewal is possible – the first purchase must be made at a SŽ ticket office)
- City Pass
- IZLETka flat-rate ticket
- IJPP tickets for integrated public transport
- IJPP weekend tickets
Online purchases of a season ticket are loaded on the ticket chip upon the first validation after a maximum of 120 minutes have elapsed, while purchases made via the mobile app are stored on the mobile phone in the Grem z vlakom app under “My tickets”.
*1st and 2nd class tickets for all train types on the Slovenian Railways network can be purchased online. These tickets can be purchased at the regular price valid for travel on all train types.
Video presentation of the purchase
Buy tickets online
You can buy your ticket online here.
Short e-purchase instructions
At the link above, select your travel date, boarding and disembarking point, then pay for your ticket with a payment card. The next step is to print your ticket purchase receipt, which will also include the AZTEC code according to the UIC standard (railway identification code), which the train staff will be able to read with a mobile terminal and issue you a ticket certificate.
At the moment, only single and return tickets for domestic travel can be purchased. E-tickets for international transport will be available in the future – however, this is subject to coordination by European rail operators and approval by the competent authorities.
Means of payment for online purchases
You can pay for your tickets purchased online with the following payment cards:
- MasterCard debit card
- Visa debit card
- BA Maestro card
- Diners card (including instalments)
Mobile purchase instructions
Purchasing tickets in the app is done in the same way as online. The only difference is that the ticket purchased via the mobile application does not need to be printed, as the train staff will read it from your phone’s screen with a mobile terminal.
- Show the train staff the purchase receipt (paper or ticket saved on the phone), which contains the Aztec code;
- The train staff will read the Aztec code with their mobile terminal.
For more information, you can:
- Visit one of our InfoCentres at the train stations in Koper, Ljubljana, Celje, and Maribor;
- Visit a station ticket office;
- Call our toll-free number 080 81 11 (for calls made from Slovenia), or dial +386 1 29 13 391 (for calls made from abroad);
- Send an e-mail with your question to [email protected].