With spectacular stalactites and stalagmites, the Postojna Cave is one of the most renowned karst caves in the word, and is visited every year by thousands of tourists from Slovenia and elsewhere.
Few things are as enjoyable as taking a train ride to Postojna station, which is also the highest rail station in Slovenia. Kids love trains, and you can take the opportunity to simply lie back on your seat and have a pleasant chat with your friends – relaxing and stress-free.
You can find information on train timetables and fares in the timetablefinder
- The IZLETka flat-rate ticket: €15.00 for five days of unlimited travel on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays;
- Holders of the Family Railcard: 40% discount for persons above 12 years of age; free travel for children under 12 inclusive;
- Children aged 6 to 12: 50% discount;
- Persons aged 12 to 26 who are holders of the Youth Railcard: 30% discount;
- Groups of 6 or more people: 30% discount;
- Pensioners and persons above 60 years of age who are holders of the Seniors Railcard: 30% discount on train travel from Monday to Friday, and 50% on Saturdays, Sundays, and public holidays.
For more information on train times, fares and other offers of Slovenske železnice:
- Visit one of our InfoCentres at the train stations in Koper, Ljubljana, Celje, and Maribor;
- Visit a station ticket office;
- Call our toll-free number 080 81 11 (for calls made from Slovenia), or dial +386 1 29 13 391 (for calls made from abroad);
- Send an e-mail with your question to firstname.lastname@example.org.