Visit the Park of Military History – a museum and tourist centre located in the old Pivka barracks complex.
The Park of Military History has been developing within the complex since 2004. Over the last couple of years, the Park of Military History has experienced an intensive development and quickly became the largest museum complex in the Republic of Slovenia as well as one of the largest military-historical complexes in this part of Europe. It displays various museum exhibits and diverse museum collections which offer visitors a unique insight into Slovenian national history as well as world history.
More information on exhibits and collections as well as opening times and prices can be found at the museum website.
Simply lie back on your seat and enjoy the train ride to Pivka – relaxing and stress-free. The museum is only a short distance away from the Pivka train station. The path is clearly marked.
You can find information on train timetables and fares in the timetable finder.
- The IZLETka flat-rate ticket: €15.00 for five days of unlimited travel on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays;
- Holders of the Family Railcard: 40% discount for persons above 12 years of age; free travel for children under 12 inclusive;
- Children aged 6 to 12: 50% discount;
- Persons aged 12 to 26 who are holders of the Youth Railcard: 30% discount;
- Groups of 6 or more people: 30% discount;
- Pensioners and persons above 60 years of age who are holders of the Seniors Railcard: 30% discount on train travel from Monday to Friday, and 50% on Saturdays, Sundays, and public holidays.
For more information on train times, fares and other offers of Slovenske železnice:
- Visit one of our InfoCentres at the train stations in Koper, Ljubljana, Celje, and Maribor;
- Visit a station ticket office;
- Call our toll-free number 080 81 11 (for calls made from Slovenia), or dial +386 1 29 13 391 (for calls made from abroad);
- Send an e-mail with your question to email@example.com.